The Office of Budget and Planning (OBP) provides high-quality and comprehensive support for the informed decision-making, policy creation, and planning necessary for effective allocation of campus resources. As the University’s central planning and institutional research unit, the Office of Budget and Planning actively partners with campus leadership in guiding strategic resource allocation and development, fostering new initiatives, and supporting dynamic decision-making.
- Reports to the Office of the Provost serving as primary manager of the University Budget Model, budget preparation process, and budget allocations to Ann Arbor campus units.
- Provides analyses to support and enhance university decision-making, planning, and policy formation.
- Develops analytical reports and dashboards that track important trends for the university and its schools and colleges.
- Provides information about the university to internal and external audiences in a consistent and timely manner.
- Collaborates with campus partners to build and document a common understanding of data used in decision-making.
- Manages the university approval process for academic programs (which includes coordination with other Michigan institutions through the Michigan Association of State Universities, or MASU) and student fees for the Office of the Provost.
- Produces mandated State and Federal reports.
- Support and implement the goals set forth by the Board of Regents, President, and Provost.
- Research, acquire, analyze, and share knowledge.
- Ethically manage financial, student, and human resource data entrusted to the university.
- Foster an environment where growth, renewal, and risk-taking are supported.
- Maintain grace and professionalism in relationships with campus and external partners.
- Recognize, respect, and celebrate individual and collective differences and strengths.
Looking for a specific report or data type? Try the search field at the upper right above, or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.